About The Gordon Foundation
The Gordon Foundation is a philanthropic foundation based in Toronto, Canada. The Foundation undertakes research, leadership development and public dialogue so that public policies in Canada reflect a commitment to collaborative stewardship of our freshwater resources and to a people-driven, equitable and evolving North. Over the past quarter century, The Gordon Foundation has invested over $37 million in a wide variety of northern community projects and freshwater protection initiatives.
DataStream is an open access platform for sharing water data. Its mission is to promote knowledge sharing and advance collaborative, evidence-based decision-making. DataStream is led by The Gordon Foundation and carried out in partnership with regional monitoring networks. There are currently three DataStream hubs:
- Mackenzie DataStream: mackenziedatastream.ca
- Atlantic DataStream: atlanticdatastream.ca
- Lake Winnipeg DataStream: lakewinnipegdatastream.ca
About the Role
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Serverless
- Experience with PostgreSQL and other database technologies
- Experience in node.js based API development
- Ability to develop requirements with non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and at times quick timelines
- Self-motivated, curious and adaptable and able to work independently and as an effective team
- Experience with scientific data management
- Web mapping experience with Leaflet
- Familiarity with Codeship, Terraform and Elasticsearch
- Experience with data visualization in graphs and tables
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to DataStream@Gordonfn.org with “DataStream Developer” in the subject line. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Your resume and cover letter must be received by 11:59pm on May 31, 2019.