Job Posting: Program Coordinator
About The Gordon Foundation
The Gordon Foundation is a philanthropic foundation based in Toronto, Canada. The Foundation undertakes research, leadership development and public dialogue so that public policies in Canada reflect a commitment to collaborative stewardship of our freshwater resources and to a people-driven, equitable and evolving North. Over the past quarter century, The Gordon Foundation has invested over $37 million in a wide variety of northern community projects and freshwater protection initiatives.
About the Role
We are searching for a highly motivated, strategic, creative and flexible Program Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Program Director, this exciting role will focus on a broad range of responsibilities, including supporting existing programs and growing new projects, writing reports and publications, monitoring government policy, preparing funding proposals, organizing events, and engaging with stakeholders. The successful candidate will require an ability to adapt to change and work through early-stage project ideas, as well as engage with diverse groups from across Canada.
The position will be based in Toronto.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Program Director in running and expanding existing and new projects (includes the Northern Policy Hackathon and Treaties project).
- Work with the Program Director to organize events and meetings with community members, government, organizations, political leaders, and others.
- Assist in the writing and dissemination of funding proposals, reports, articles and presentations.
- Provide communications support by developing social media posts and monitoring relevant news/media stories.
- Monitor relevant government programs and policies.
- Support the Program Director in finding new opportunities for engagement and partnerships.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external partners and advisors.
- Engage with community members, political leaders, policy-makers, and other stakeholders to promote programming.
- Provide general support to Water and North program staff and operations staff.
- Post-secondary degree in political science, sociology, public administration, northern studies, development studies, or environmental studies or comparable work experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience preferably in the charitable or nonprofit sector.
- Familiarity with and interest in the North (Territories and Inuit Nunangat).
- Experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Familiarity with public policy.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to work with colleagues located remotely.
- Strong coordination, organization, and planning.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities within tight timelines.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours, as needed.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants identifying as Indigenous (Inuit, First Nations or Métis).
How to Apply
This is full time position based at The Gordon Foundation’s offices in Toronto. To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Your resume and cover letter must be received by 11:59pm on August 19, 2019.