The Gordon Foundation is a philanthropic foundation based in Toronto, Canada. The Foundation undertakes research, leadership development and public dialogue so that public policies in Canada reflect a commitment to collaborative stewardship of our freshwater resources and to a people-driven, equitable and evolving North.
DataStream is an open access platform for sharing water data. Its mission is to promote knowledge sharing and advance collaborative, evidence-based decision-making. DataStream is carried out in partnership with regional monitoring networks. There are currently three DataStream hubs:
About the Role
This position will support the operation and expansion of DataStream, a dynamic, rapidly growing initiative. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Water Program, the DataStream Coordinator will support and coordinate DataStream’s day-to-day operations.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, a self-starter, curious, capable of juggling a range of tasks, hard-working and a team player.
The position will be based in Toronto.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provide coordination and administrative support as required to support the day-to-day operation and development of DataStream. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the DataStream team to improve internal processes to better meet organizational goals.
- Coordinate logistics for virtual and in-person meetings and events.
- Prepare and post digital assets including webinar recordings, how-to videos, blogs.
- Prepare and coordinate proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Support the DataStream team in meeting external deadlines with funders and partners by tracking and storing documents, tracking and managing workplans and external reporting.
- Manage general administrative duties including mailings, filing, file management etc.
- Keep contacts and lists up-to-date in Salesforce.
- Managing budgets for projects.
- Organize and maintain DataStream assets, reports and other materials.
- Monitor relevant government programs related to water issues and open data.
- Provide general support to The Gordon Foundation on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma.
- 2-4 years’ experience preferably in the charitable or non-profit sector.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to learn and engage with internal systems/technologies.
- Experience improving internal systems and processes to achieve program goals.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities within tight timelines.
- Ability to work with colleagues located remotely.
- A self-starter with good judgement and the ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Strong problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants identifying as Indigenous (Inuit, First Nations or Métis).
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- High level of proficiency in French a major asset.
- Completion of diploma or courses in project management.
- Experience producing digital assets including videos, blogs and brochures etc.
- Experience supporting fundraising in a not-for-profit setting.
How to Apply
This is a one year contract position with the possibility of extension to a permanent role. The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $70,000 commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Anticipated start date: August or September 2021.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to DataStream@Gordonfn.org with “DataStream Coordinator” in the subject line. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Your resume and cover letter must be received by 11:59pm on July 30, 2021